The diverse terrain of Himachal Pradesh allows for a number of adventure activities, of which trekking is the most popular. The state stands apart as a popular destination for trekking in India from rest of the world, because of its breathtaking natural beauty. Himachal Pradesh is not just another hill state; it is a bag full of excitement, thrills, peaceful atmosphere and tranquility.
Irrespective of your experience at trekking, Himachal offers you various trekking trails ranging from easy day hikes to moderate treks and long excursions to test your capability and limits while offering some of the great views of the Himalayan mountain range.Some of the famous trekking routes are Trekking to Triund , Trekking to Inderhara Pass, Trekking to Bijli Mahadev etc.
Best time for trekking in Himachal Pradesh
All the treks in Himachal Pradesh had their own enthrallment, excitement and timings. While winter has their own charm and appeal, monsoons are considered to be the ideal time to undertake most of the treks. The period of June – September is the best and suitable time to undertake any of the treks in Himachal Pradesh, as the entire region starts blooming with varieties of colorful flowers and lush greeneries.
Categories of Treks
Easy:- Trekkers without previous experience are offered a diverse range of easy treks. The easy trek involves no difficult climbing or ascents to high altitudes and is usually less than a week suitable for everyone. However, it is not loss of height means loss of interest while lower altitude treks often provide colorful horizons of a whole series of mountain ranges. The easy treks are considered of full access of teahouses and low altitude.
Moderate:- Medium treks are more challenging than easy and are suitable for any trekker looking for something a bit more energetic. In general they are longer than roughly 10 days walking up and down climb to higher altitudes. At this altitude, you will be rewarded with close-up views of bigger mountains. The medium treks are considered of full access of higher altitudes.
Difficult:- Hard treks are suitable only for real adventure seekers. Some steep ascents to high altitudes with the possibility of rope climbing are involved in this category. Trekkers will need stamina to complete one of these wilderness treks as they might lasts for 20-40 days.
Trekking Equipment Checklist
some things depending on temperatures and the phase of development of the trekking area: commonly following equipment are needed to do the trek with our problems but without some of them you can do a trek, but it is not necessary to collect all the thing but if you are able to bring or bought all things it will be good for you. for details, when you chose the trip with us , we will suggest you which equipment are to be brought in the trekking from your side and what are the equipment we will provide.
• Suitable and waterproof back-pack
• Trekking gears: sleeping bags and mats, rucksack, ropes and walking stick
• Waterproof clothing: jackets, windcheater and other similar
• Proper shoes
• Water bottles
• Clothes according to the season
• An extra pair of socks, shoe laces and undergarments
• Torchlight with extra cells and bulbs
• Basic medicines and first-aid kits
• Matchbox or lighter, insect repellents, plastic bags and toiletry items
• Multipurpose knife or other similar accessories
• Energy bars or drinks and items according to the duration of the trek
• Handy cams or cameras
Trekking/Camping in Triund (2875 meters)
Package ID HA0212001
Max Altitude: - 2875m
Trek Category: Easy (Day Hike)
Best Season: Open Throughout the year
Distance: - 4-5 hours or around 9kms (From Mcleodganj)
Duration of Trek: - 2days
Points Covered: - Dharamkot Village, Gallu Devi, Magic View Café and Triund
It is an easy trek and all you need is the will to be at top. Start Trek to Triund a famous campsite situated at an altitude of (2875m), on the way have lunch at midway (Magic view cafe). After Lunch continue trek and finally reach Triund for night stay. After reaching relax, have snacks and you will have complete briefing of the site. Evening enjoy with bonfires & music, finally sleep in tents provide by us. Don’t forget to see the spectacular view of the Dharamshala from the top in the night.
In the morning have tea & breakfast at the campsite and take short walks to acclimatize. The finest thing is to be with your own. If you want to visit Snow Line (5Kms), then leave early in the morning from Triund. In the afternoon return journey to Mcleodganj.
1. Full camping gear: Tents, sleeping bags, mattresses.
2. Three meals during the trek.
3. Guide charges, porter charges, cook etc.
Trek Exclusion: -
2. Personal equipment rental/purchase
3. Alcohol and soft drinks
4. Laundry, tipping and other items of a personal nature
Things to Carry:
As this is a short and easy trek you literally don’t need to carry any trekking gears and out guide will take all the essentials with him, however you can take the personal items with you if you like.
- Waterproof clothing: jackets, windcheater and other similar
- Proper shoes
- Water bottles
- Clothes according to the season
- Caps or hats, towels and handkerchiefs
- An extra pair of socks, shoe laces and undergarments
- Torchlight with extra cells and bulbs
- Basic medicines and first-aid kits
- Matchbox or lighter, insect repellents, plastic bags and toiletry items
- Multipurpose knife or other similar accessories
- Handy cams or cameras
Cost: - On Request/depends upon the number of people.